The Quality Engineer is responsible for tasks as directed by the Quality Manager and those detailed below.
- Compliance with all pertinent Paul Fabrications procedures and work instructions within the quality manual.
- Reading, interpreting and understanding of drawings, work cards, specifications and other relevant technical documents.
- Organising and completing TUS and SAT tests for all furnaces / ovens within Paul Fabrications.
- Writing / amending of procedures / work instructions as required.
- Control and review of all specifications including the update and filing as required.
- Carrying out Internal audits in line with the internal audit plan.
- Completion of all internal and external documentation relevant to the inspection/ testing of product or process, EG. Work card, inspection reports, First Article Inspection Reports, Non-conformance Reports etc.
- Liaise with production personnel and supervision where required to feedback information relating to testing / maintenance of process or product
- To identify and communicate improvements to processes or procedures identified during the performance of testing activities.
- Active involvement in Continuous Improvement activities related to Inspection activities.
- Work in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Where required, involvement with the investigation into root cause of non-conforming product and the implementation of corrective and preventive action.
- You are expected to be familiar with the content of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and in particular your responsibilities within the Policy.
This position will be based at Castle Donington however you may be required to travel or work at other locations with reasonable notice.