Project Manager (NPI)
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of new inloads of work into the business, and to oversee all activity and resources from product design through to Production Rate Readiness, liaising with all business functions, to ensure the customer and business needs are met on time in full.
- Management of project deliverables via the Project Engineers from RFQ to Production Rate Readiness
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Oversee technical development of product to ensure a robust productised solution.
- Ensure all quality compliance and validation strategy is maintained to the highest level throughout development
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility and business case
- Primary Customer Contact for Project Activity and lead for project review meetings
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, both internal and third party
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress
- Identify and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance and provide status updates
- Report and Escalate to Programme Manager
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Assisting with the management and improvement of the PRR processes and procedures
Required Skills and Competences
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager, managing multiple parallel projects, in a manufacturing environment – preferably but not limited to Aerospace or Automotive
- B.Eng. or minimum 5 years equivalent experience to include a level of CAD software experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- APMP / PRINCE II accreditation.
- Proven Leadership Skills in a changing environment
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety, Data Protection and the issued Employee Handbook, and maintain good housekeeping practises
- Be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company.
- Support and promote all company development and improvement drives.