The four year Apprenticeship is a mixture of practical on the job training and academic training on day release at Yeovil College. Whilst at work, to work in accordance with work instructions and to work with the relevant parties to support the production of steady state and new product in the most economic manner to meet team targets of 100% delivery and quality.
- Complete the training to the required standard and obtain the agreed academic qualifications.
- At work, complete up to eight modules including Clean Room, Trim & Assembly, Testing, Quality and CNC (subject to change) over the first two years. Specialise and be assessed in an agreed area for the final two years.
- Listen to and respect the mentors who will support your development.
- Report on your achievements at the end of each module and attend a review meeting, to provide feedback to your mentor.
- Follow, process and complete all Manufacturing Instruction Sheet documentation as required. Keep accurate and up to date records of work undertaken and keep the relevant documentation with the part to maintain product integrity and traceability of the part, ensuring the work completed is over-stamped by an experienced operator until quality stamp issued.
- Make test pieces as per instructions.
- Maintain the work environment to the agreed standard in line with Health and Safety regulations.
- Complete and keep up to date relevant documentation including skills matrices, training records, 5S and KPI paperwork.
- Train and mentor colleagues and fellow apprentices.
- Good practical skills with a high level of manual dexterity and self-organisation
- Good concentration levels and attention to detail
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions and accurately keep records
- A safety-conscious approach to work
- Must be reliable, have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
- A good team player with a flexible attitude to work load