Reporting to the Shop Floor Supervisor, you will be expected to run multiple CNC Machines, on a three shift pattern.
- Setting / Operating multiple CNC turning Machines in a Sub contract environment.
- To abide by all Health and Safety rules and regulations
- To work in conjunction with the Company Employee Handbook
- To achieve the relevant Productivity levels.
- Identify any cost improvements and product quality improvements
- To Achieve right first time on all parts.
Required skills and Competences
The suitable candidate will be a time serve Turner, with a minimum 5 years Aerospace environment.
- Must be competent in setting / running CNC Lathes.
- Demonstrate experience within a manufacturing / precision engineering environment.
- Be able to produce components to drawing tolerance and specifications, efficiently and accurately as required by the customer.
- Experience of working with Exotic materials
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Experience within a continuous improvement/lean culture.
- Ability to question, challenge and make decisions based on data and facts.
- Working within a team to achieve departmental and business objectives
- Maintain good housekeeping practises.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety, Data Protection and the issued Employee Handbook
- Be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company.
This position will be based at Castle Donnington however you may be required to travel or work at other locations with reasonable notice.