The CMM Programmer is primarily responsible for creating programs to run the CMM and Vision measuring machines, to have input with the engineering team on jig and fixture design, to inspect first piece, in-process, final, and first article inspections on aircraft components and assemblies and participate in process improvement activities.
Required Skills and Competences
- In depth knowledge of jigs and fixture requirements for inspection
- Experience with PC-DMIS Software or strong programming experience
- OGP Zone 3 vision system experience is desirable although training will be provided.
- An eye for detail with regard to measurement and assessment of component features, and associated supporting documentation
- Analyzing specifications and drawings
- Understanding of geometric tolerance invoked within Assembly and detail drawings.
- Establishing best optimised programming method
- The ability to work in a team based environment brain storming ideas to develop production concepts.
- Understand and communicate the technical & legislative elements associated with the area of responsibility and support internal and external audits
- Able to communicate technical information verbally and in writing with others at all levels of the organization, as well as customers and suppliers
- Provide general support to other engineering disciplines as required
- Included in New Product Introduction activities, ensuring fixture design delivers both RFT and maximises efficiencies
- The ability to aid technical problem resolution and improvement activities within drive manufacturing processes towards identified consistent best practice
- Be expected to carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your level within the Company.
- Be familiar with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and in particular your responsibilities.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those related to Health and Safety, Data Protection and issued Employee Handbook.