Business Development Executive - Aerospace
Job Title: Business Development Executive –Aerospace Job Status: Full Time, Permanent
Department: Business Development Reports To: General Manager
Base Location: Travel Requirements: <100%, national & international
Grade/Level: Position Supervised: Yes
Work Schedule: 37 hours per week Work Environment: Office/Off-site as required
To develop and achieve group strategy through key account management and new business development across existing and new global customers.
- Generate and achieve sales pipeline through working to achieve revenue and profitability targets in line with division and group objectives.
- Negotiate all aspects of the commercial contract and proposal to a successful conclusion and highlight potential threats and resolutions to mitigate risk to senior management.
- Create and respond to customer Requests For Proposal.
- Understand new opportunities for company growth by gathering intelligence on our products and capabilities, customers and competitors within our markets. Report and present business development objectives. Use information gained through market analysis to evaluate and prioritise opportunities.
- Promote our facilities and the group. This will include attendance at trade shows, conferences, etc., liaising with appropriate government departments and introducing our capabilities to others
- Apply company procedures, rules and policies.
- Support the UK BD Director in the formulation of facility, group & global strategy.
- Motivate and engage with cross-functional teams.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and embrace lean processes.
- Demonstrable business acumen and understanding of customer requirements, Aerospace and Defence market dynamics and drivers, products and technologies.
- Hands-on approach to managing and being a member of a high performing team.
- Ability to make decisions in complex/ambiguous situations with incomplete data.
- Strong communication skills including presenting, collaboration, negotiation and listening.
- Ability to form strong working relationships (internal and external).
- Customer focused and quick to respond.
- Computer literate, Windows based and reporting software preferred.
- A good team player with a flexible attitude to work load.
You are expected to work with the minimum of supervision and may be expected to deal with other duties appropriate to your skill set and abilities. This is an outline of your duties and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the changing needs of the business.